Top Ways to Prevent Gum Disease
Posted on July 6, 2016
- Proper brushing twice a day and flossing daily
- Using Fluoride toothpaste and anti-microbial mouthwash to kill bacteria
- Dental visits for cleanings and checkups every 6 months
Gum disease is an inflammation of the gum tissue that can progress to destroy the bone that surrounds and supports your teeth. The three stages of gum disease — from least to most severe — are gingivitis, periodontitis and advanced periodontitis. Periodontitis can also be acute or chronic!
Signs & Symptoms
Gum disease can be painless, so it is important to be aware of any or combinations of the following symptoms:
- Bleeding gums
- Gums that recede or move away from the tooth
- Consistent bad breath or bad taste in mouth
- Loose teeth
- Visible pus surrounding the teeth and gums
Have a dental exam with dental x-rays for proper diagnosis and treatment before it’s too late.
Let us know how we can help!
Sunlight Dental Group